Russell Investments NZ Fixed Interest Fund
The Russell Investments NZ Fixed Interest Fund is a PIE Fund and actively managed portfolio of what we consider to be quality New Zealand fixed interest investments designed for investors who wish to invest in a broadly diversified portfolio of fixed interest securities. Click here to download the Fund Fact Sheet.
- Diversified, actively managed portfolio of New Zealand fixed interest securities.
- Access to specialist investment expertise and skills.
- Access to the tax benefits associated with the Portfolio Investment Entity tax regime.
- The Fund is a Foreign Investment Variable Rate PIE Fund. This provides non-resident investors with access to New Zealand investment opportunities as well as investors seeking exposure to NZ investments under the Migrant Investment categories.
- Distributions may be paid in accordance with the distribution policy contained in the investment statement.
- The assets of each Russell Investment Fund are held and administered by the Public Trust in a custodial nominee account (Public Trust RIF Nominees Limited) providing investors with the peace of mind in knowing their assets are held in independent, professional custody.
|Investment Manager||Russell Investments|
|Investment Policy and Objectives||Provides exposure to a diversified portfolio of predominantly investment grade New Zealand dollar denominated fixed interest securities.
Objective: to provide a total return, before costs and tax, higher than the Bloomberg NZBond Composite 0+ Yr Index over the long term (3 years plus).
|Investment Strategy||The underlying investment exposure is typically comprised of government fixed income securities, bank bills and cash equivalents, and securities issued by local authorities, semi-government organisations, and corporations, as well as to mortgage-backed and asset backed securities. The underlying investment portfolio may from time to time be exposed to low grade or unrated debt securities to a limited extent, and derivatives. The Fund also has the ability to invest in the Australian fixed income market either through Australian dollar denominated debt securities or derivative instruments.|
|Delegated Sub-Investment Manager(s)*||The Russell Investments NZ Fixed Interest Fund invests in a broadly diversified portfolio of fixed interest securities managed by specialist managers selected on the advice of Russell Investments.The current specialist managers* are Harbour Asset Management Limited and Western Asset Management Company.|
|Benchmark||Bloomberg NZBond Composite 0+ Yr Index|
|Minimum Investment Timeframe||3+ years|
* We and Russell Investments are responsible for selecting appropriate funds and/or appointing sub-investment managers and strategies, and these may change without notice. Details of the current underlying specialist managers can be obtained by contacting us.