Russell Investments NZ Shares Fund
The Russell Investments NZ Shares Fund* is a PIE Fund providing exposure to a diversified portfolio of predominately New Zealand and Australian shares, managed actively with the aim of outperforming the broader market. Click here to download the Fund Fact Sheet.
- Diversified, actively managed portfolio of predominantly New Zealand and Australian shares.
- Access to specialist investment expertise and skills.
- Access to the tax benefits associated with Portfolio Investment Entity tax regime. Note that Portfolio Investment Entities are exempt from paying tax on capital gains from New Zealand shares, and certain Australian shares.
- The Fund is a Foreign Investment Variable Rate PIE Fund. This provides non-resident investors with access to New Zealand investment opportunities as well as investors seeking exposure to NZ investments under the Migrant Investment categories.
- The assets of each Russell Investment Fund are held and administered by the Public Trust in a custodial nominee account (Public Trust RIF Nominees Limited) providing investors with the peace of mind in knowing their assets are held in independent, professional custody.
|Investment Manager||Russell Investments|
|Investment Policy and Objectives||Provides exposure to a diversified portfolio of predominantly equity securities listed on the NZX.
Objective: to provide a total return, before costs and tax, higher than the S&P/NZX 50 Index (gross and including imputation credits) over the long term (3 years plus).
|Investment Strategy||The underlying investment exposure is typically comprised of a broad range of shares and other equity securities listed on the NZX. This may include derivative instruments which may be used to obtain or reduce exposure to securities and to hedge any Australian dollar exposure. Investment in Australian shares will generally be in those companies which have a listing on the NZX.|
|Delegated Sub-Investment Manager(s)**||The Russell Investments NZ Shares Fund invests in a broadly diversified portfolio of shares managed by specialist managers selected on the advice of Russell Investments. The current underlying specialist managers* are Harbour Asset Management Limited and Devon Funds Group Limited|
|Benchmark||S&P/NZX 50 Index (Gross Including Imputation Credits)|
|Minimum Investment Timeframe||5+ years|
*As at 3 September 2014 the Fund became the Russell Investments NZ Shares Fund.
* *We and Russell Investments are responsible for selecting appropriate funds and/or appointing sub-investment managers and strategies, and these may change without notice. Details of the current underlying specialist managers can be obtained by contacting us.