Russell Investments Global Fixed Interest Fund
The Russell Investments Global Fixed Interest Fund is a PIE Fund providing exposure to a global fixed interest portfolio managed actively on a multi-manager basis. The Fund’s underlying investment exposure comprises of a diversified range of fixed interest investments, including international government securities, government-related securities, corporate securities, asset-backed securities and hybrid securities in both developed and emerging markets around the globe. Click here to download the Fund Fact Sheet.
- Diversified, actively managed portfolio of global fixed interest securities.
- Access to specialist investment expertise and skills.
- Access to the tax benefits associated with Portfolio Investment Entity tax regime
- The assets of each Russell Investment Fund are held and administered by the Public Trust in a custodial nominee account (Public Trust RIF Nominees Limited) providing investors with the peace of mind in knowing their assets are held in independent, professional custody.
|Investment Manager||Russell Investments|
|Investment Policy and Objectives||Provides exposure to international fixed interest securities and is actively managed using a multi-manager approach. Targets being fully hedged back to New Zealand dollars.
Objective: to provide a total return, before costs and tax, higher than the Bloomberg Barclays Global Aggregate Index – New Zealand dollar Hedged over the long term (3 years plus).
|Investment Strategy||The underlying investment exposure is predominantly to debt securities issued by supranationals, international governments, quasi-government agencies and corporates as well as structured credit securities including mortgage-backed and asset backed securities. The underlying investment portfolio may also be exposed to low grade or unrated debt securities, emerging market securities and currency. Derivatives may be used to obtain or reduce exposure to securities and markets, to implement investment strategies and to manage risk. The Fund targets a position of being fully hedged back to New Zealand Dollars. Due to active currency management by the underlying managers, there will generally be some foreign currency exposure.|
|Delegated Sub-Investment Manager(s)*||The Russell Investments Global Fixed Interest Fund currently invests in the Russell Global Bond Fund (an Australian registered managed investment scheme). New Zealand cash is also held for transactional and administrative purposes. The current underlying specialist managers* are:
The Russell Global Bond Fund targets a position of being fully hedged to the New Zealand Dollar. This hedging policy may change in future.
|Benchmark||Bloomberg Barclays Global Aggregate Index – $NZ Hedged|
|Minimum Investment Timeframe||3+ years|
* We and Russell Investments are responsible for selecting appropriate funds and/or appointing sub-investment managers and strategies, and these may change without notice. Details of the current underlying specialist managers can be obtained by contacting us.